Elijah, who is 9, and I had the most interresting conversation today. First it was about politics. He got all his information from Time for Kids and would like to vote for Ron Paul.
Then, the best conversation I have ever had with him went something like this,
"Mommy, what is that thing called that's half Eagle half Lion?"
Me, "A Griffin."
Elijah, "Right, well I want to invent one."
Me, "really?"
Elijah, "It should be pretty easy I will do it when I am 11 or 13. All you have to do is get an eagle egg and put lion DNA in it. I think trying to get the DNA in the egg will be the hard part. Although it might be hard to find an egg."
I said, "Why don't you work on curing cancer first, then invent griffins."
Elijah, "Well, Griffins will be easy, what would be really hard would be sphinxes."
I will be honest I don't particularly love my job, but I do love working from home. Where else could I use my 15 min. break to tuck my kids in at night.
A week or so ago Liam came into my office as I was starting my break and said, "Mommy when you say you love someone it means you give them your heart. So, I am giving you my heart."
I said, "I love you too Liam."
He said, "Mommy we are trading hearts!"
4 comments:
You have such cute kids. You'll be glad you wrote those clever things down.
aahhh, priceless!
So wonderful to write about these wonderful conversations with your amazing children, I miss them.
So precious!!
Post a Comment