To my Mom for always being there for me and helping me through all my difficulties. I would not be who I am if it weren't for you, you can decide for yourself if that is a compliment.
To my amazingly strong and courageous sister in law Emily. You amaze me every single day with how well you are dealing with Jeff's sickness. You truly are an inspiration of strength threw adversity.
To my wonderfully patient sister Kristen, you are basically a single mother with Freeman working all day and going to school all night. It is not easy and you handle it so beautifully. I am so impressed by Freeman's work ethic and by your ability to handle everything so he is able to go to school.
To my beautiful sister Katie, although this post is mostly on motherhood, you may not have any children of your own but you give so much love and compassion and so much of your time to those children who are lucky enough to be your students.
My awesome sister in law Maren (visit her very funny blog by clicking HERE, shamelss plug over) who can raise 7 of the greatest kids I know and still be willing to help me out whenever I need it. I don't know how I would survive without you!
And of course my amazing mother in law who is always so kind and compassionate to everyone, and yet can get my kids to obey better than anyone. I don't know how you do it!
There are so many other woman I look up to it would take all day to name them all. The fact is we are all woman in our own situations in life, whether it be a working mom, a stay at home mom, a work at home mom, a single mom or not a mother at all. We as woman have been given so many wonderful gifts. The gift to uplift each other and our families. We are great multi-taskers, (as evidence by the fact that I have a baby crawling all over me as I type this post), we were given compassion and strength. All the woman I am fortunate to know are so wonderful in so many different wonderful ways. I love how we can support each other and help each other in raising the children that we have been given. Afterall, it takes a village....
Have compassion for those in situations that differ from yours. I worked until Chloe was 2 and GASP I put Chloe and Elijah in daycare. I could name a thousand reasons for why I did this, but the fact is I don't have to. I did what I knew was necessary for my family. I live in a state where working as a mother is generally not considered ok. I worked with some less educated men that felt they needed to tell me nearly every single day that what I was doing was detrimental to my family. Then, I went to church where it was brought up quite often that woman were not supposed to work. If anyone thinks for 1 single min. that it was easy for me to leave my children at daycare and go into work and deal with these close minded individuals you are wrong. I AM A TRUE MOTHER! We are all true mothers and I am standing up for motherhood in all the different forms that it may take.
5 comments:
Kori
I think it is amazing what you did to take care of your family. You did it becuase you HAD to and not becuase you felt that you needed to fullfill your life through some career. I think that you deserve some kind of award for being willing and able to work to keep benefits so that elijah could have health insurance. You are a true mother and I believe that with all my heart. Heavenly Father knows that you are an amazing woman and espicially and amazing mother becuase we all KNOW that these children that you have all came to your family becuase it was His plan. He would not have sent you these children if he didn't think that you were going to do everything in your power to be a good mom and whatch out for them. I hope that you don't think that people are judging you becuase kori you are such a sweet loving mom and I truely look up to you!!
Great post! I love the part where you talked about having some compassion for those moms in different situations. I've had people tell me that I should just quit my job and go on church welfare rather than work like I am, because I should be a true stay-at-home mom. Being a working mom is so hard, people need to recognize that we don't do it because we want to. I mean in a million years I have never dreamed of being a transcriptionist! We do it because we have to. Because we love our families. And it IS the hardest thing. I struggle with feelings of guilt everyday wishing I didn't have to work. You're right, we all need to support each other as mothers! Love it.
Thanks for that... I believe that no matter the situation we face we as mothers and wives do what needs to been done to take care of the family and what needs to be done. If it weren't for Jeff having such an understanding boss I'd be in the same situation as you were... putting my kids in daycare and heading off to work to pay for everything while Jeff is sick. From this you learn that you can't judge someone because you don't know their situation. And the only thing that matters in the end is that your family loves you and that is the most important thing.
Kori, yike's I hope I didn't start this cause man alive I was not thinking straight early this morning. You are so right and I was so wrong. I am amazed by you! What a great Momma you are and what beautiful children you have. Like Grandpa use to tell me, I get tired just watching you and all you have to do. When you told me about your Monday it made me tired just listening to you. I salute you and lets all get some sleep!
kori i pay tribute to you - what an amazing feat to be pregnant 4 times in 6 years and to raise 4 kids under the age of 6. No way in h e double hockey sticks I could do that.
Post a Comment