Friday, January 29, 2016

Insecurities

What do you do when you are feeling insecure?

How do you chase the demons away?

This week I've been worn out.  I haven't had much sleep, poor sick Noah.  He has croup, which means late nights listening to him cough.  He hates it.  Crying, "No more coughing.  I sick".  I also have a pretty intense school load, even after dropping a class.  I am working on repainting my cabinets and walls.  And, I am watching my friend's little girl 3 days a week now.  She is a sweetheart, wonderful 4 year old, and she entertains Noah, but its A LOT!

I have found myself increasingly aware of where I am dropping the ball.  I had a panic attack and flashback from a trauma that occurred almost 3 years ago, which has lowered my emotional defenses.  Mostly, I am tired.  I think a good nights sleep without being kicked and having my pillow stolen by the cutest 2 year old is desperately needed.

But what else?  I find myself asking for reassurance, which makes me feel needy.  And I complain, which I despise.

 Somewhere I'll find the inner strength, after all, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and I'm still breathing!

No comments: