Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chloe


I never did a birthday post for Chloe. Oops! Shhh don't tell!

Chloe turned 7 last month. I can't get over how big she is getting, and so beautiful! I often, and lovingly, say she is my most difficult child. In a lot of ways that is true but at the same time she is my most loving and kind-hearted child.

She is a natural teacher, and a writer. She writes constantly. I have found notes slipped under my door when she is angry, or happy. When she wants something she will write me a cute little note. If she knows you, she has probably written a letter to you, but her forgetful Mother just hasn't sent them. Her 1st grade teacher told me recently that she prefers to have the special ed boy who comes in for math sit by Chloe because she is so patient and kind and helps him with his work without doing it for him. She has obviously picked up some of the teaching genes from my family.

She loves her brothers and helps take care of them all the time, even if she still hasn't given up the idea of someday getting a baby sister. In the meantime, she likes to spend time with her younger girl cousins.

One thing that has been apparent about Chloe from the beginning is her sunny disposition. She has her moments, don't we all, but most of the time she has a fabulous smile on her face and is the first person to smile and make a new friend. She loves finding friends everywhere she goes and is very loyal and loving.

I am very lucky to have such a sweet girl! Now if she could just learn to sleep....

2 comments:

T J V said...

What a sweet girl. And loving the zebra dress too cute.

Stephanie said...

What a cutie! I LOVE her little notes she writes to you, it totally cracked me up when you told me about the one she wrote, I hate you, I love you.... what a sweet little thing.