I spent last week in Mesa again. I drove down with my Dad so I could see my Grandma. She is out of the hospital again and at home. Yay! She also looked so much better the last evening I was there.
Blake and I drove around to see some very expensive homes for his work. We drove out to Carefree, and I thought it was such a cool place! The Cacti were blooming and it was so pretty! The desert is in my blood.
The downside to living there is the scorpions. My poor Elijah got stung Sunday night. His reaction was worse than the times I've been stung poor boy. He was so brave and tough! (I was pleasantly surprised by how well he handled it). I waited up with him for 4 hours just to make sure things didn't get too bad. I did get nervous, and it didn't help that the poison control lady wanted me to take him in. His throat had what felt like a big lump in it, and he said he couldn't see out of his eyes. When he was looking me in the eye his eyes were jumping around. But, he was calm. When my Mom and Dad had bad reactions they were agitated and couldn't sit still. Elijah even fell asleep. That is what made me decide not to take him to the ER. I have heard the anti-venom is pretty nasty, rough stuff. He did have trouble sleeping because of the pain but by the next day he was fine!
My Dad had saved the scorpion, just in case the DR's needed it, and in the morning he found a way to preserve it. He sprayed it with hair spray and glued it to a cotton ball in a clear plastic bottle. So, now Elijah has a trophy from his adventure! He is so excited to show all his friends. I am willing to bet most of them haven't seen a scorpion before!!! This is a picture of an Arizona Bark Scorpion, the kind that stung him, although its not the actual one. Trust me, the actual scorpion is not any less creepy!
But, we are home now, and today was my first "official" day of summer. After taking 4 kids to 2 banks and the grocery store, I am ready to send them back to school! I may be changing my routine and handling errands in the evening. I am sorely outnumbered! Wish me luck surviving! And luck to you all.
3 comments:
That is the ugliest scorpion ever. Poor Elijah. I hope he will want to come back here again. Has the numbness worn off yet?
What was going on with your water?
Love You, Mom
seriously? like everyone in your family has been stung by scorpions??? ummm, maybe arizona isn't for me... scary! Hopefully I'll see you on friday!
I've been so lucky to have never been stung! Wasn't it you that got out of the shower once and a scorpion was in your towel? I have never forgotten that story. Still creeps me out to this day!
I'm already counting down the days still school starts again. I have switched to grocery shopping at night now too. NOTHING is worth taking the kids to the store with me.
Post a Comment